The port of Le Pouliguen originally owes its development to the salt trade. Today it is a thriving pleasure boat marina where you can admire a large range of different vessels. This route will take out to the headland at Penchâteau and along the ‘Côte sauvage’ with its jagged cliffs. Be sure to take the time to venture down to the small sandy coves! From the bay of Le Scall the route will take you as far as the quaint and picturesque village of Batz-sur-Mer, another of the area’s ‘Petite cité de caractère’ nestled between the ocean and the salt marshes.
- Useful Information :
- Average duration (based on a speed of 4km/hour) 1h30
- Distance in kilometres 20 km
- Point of departure/place of departure Le Pouliguen
- Point of arrival/place of arrival Le Croisic
- access Port du Pouliguen - Le Pouliguen
- Marked trail Balises vélo
Point 1 - Circuit vivifiante Côte Sauvage
Since the quays of the port of Pouliguen, which opens you arms on the Atlantic Ocean, follow the beach of Nau to discover the treasures of this rocky coast... Reach then Batz-sur-Mer, a village between sea and salt marshes.
- PDF_Topoguide VELO Les Belles échappées_Fiche n°11_Vivifiante côte sauvage - Le Pouliguen_Batz-sur-Mer_Le Croisic (2.41 Mo)
- PDF_Topoguide A VELO_Fiche n°11_Vivifiante côte sauvage_Le-Pouliguen-Batz-sur-mer (1.73 Mo)
- Invigorating wild coast_descriptive sheet_Eng (2.56 Mo)
- PDF_Fiets tour - De verkwikkende wilde kust (2.55 Mo)